Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care - Silverton, Oregon (USA)
- $425.00 - Standard Registration
- $325.00 - Student Registration
895 West Main Street
Silverton, OR 97381
United States of America
PSI Member Discount: Sign in to your member portal and receive a $50 discount off the registration fee for any ticket type. If you are not yet a PSI member, but want to be, join here.
Faculty: TBA | TBD, MD
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the challenges faced when identifying and treating perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
2. Describe the symptoms and understand the differential diagnosis of prenatal and postpartum depression, anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD, bipolar disorders and psychosis.
3. Discuss psychopharmacology as it relates to pregnancy, postpartum, and lactation.
4. Assess prenatal and postpartum risk factors.
5. Assess for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
6. Identify treatment options for perinatal mood disorders (PMDs).
7. Discuss breastfeeding and PMDs.
8. Develop psychosocial and self-help treatment plans as well as appropriate psychotherapy techniques and alternative therapies
9. State appropriate psychotherapy modalities.
10. Indicate consequences of untreated PMDs.
11. Discuss effects and consequences on partners.
12. Identify social support, legislative changes, and community resources, including how to set up support groups and offer social support.
13. Discuss cultural differences and PMDs.
14. Discuss spirituality and PMDs.
Agenda: Download the training agenda here.
Registration Deadline: May 30, 2023.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel before May 31, 2023, you will get a full refund minus a $50.00 processing fee. If you cancel May 31, 2023 or later, you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee minus a $50.00 processing fee. Fees can be transferred to future events, and substitutions are accepted.
Accomodation: If you would like accommodation for a disability, please contact Orrin Banta at email@example.com.
Promotional Flyer: Please help promote this event by downloading the promotional flyer and sending it to your contacts.
Event Parking: Parking at Oregon Garden Resort is complimentary.
Continuing Education Credit:
Physician CMEs: This Live activity, Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care, from 06/03/2023 – 06/02/2024, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 14.50 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. AMA/AAFP Equivalency: AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1. These CMEs can be applied by Nurse Midwives and Advanced-practice Nurses.
Nurses: This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Oregon Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Approval valid through 06/01/2024. OCEAN ID #2022-17.
Psychologists: Postpartum Support International (PSI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Postpartum Support International (PSI) maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers: This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886708348-5218) for 14.5 Clinical Social Work continuing education contact hours.
Counselors: Postpartum Support International has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6765. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Postpartum Support International is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Occupational Therapists: PSI is an approved provider of CEUs by American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), Provider #11342. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA or indicate AOTA approval of a certification or other professional recognition.
Additional Information: The fee for continuing education certification is included in the registration fee. Continuing education certificates will be emailed approximately three weeks after the training event. Candidates for continuing education certification must document their time at the event by signing in and out for the event. There are no activities (other than lunch and breaks) within the course that are not offered for continuing education credit. Any grievances should be addressed with staff persons onsite at the event. Alternatively, grievances may be addressed to Wendy Davis, Executive Director of PSI, by calling (800) 944-4773 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A limited number of rooms are available at Oregon Garden Resort for a discounted rate of $149 per night ($179 on Friday night). To make reservations online, follow these steps:
- Go to the Oregon Garden Resort website.
- On the welcome page, choose your check in and check out dates, and then click on the green "BOOK NOW" button.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Click on the “Add Code" heading (near the top on the right-hand side). From the drop-down menu, click on "Discount Code". From the next drop-down, click on "Group Attendee".
- Enter PSI (our group code) in the empty box below "Group Attendee" and click on the black "ADD" button.
- You will be redirected to a calendar page. Re-select your dates for check-in and check-out, and then click on the black “UPDATE DATES OF STAY” button.
- A new page will open with our group rate. Choose which room type you would like, and then click on the blue “BOOK” button.
- Click on the blue “ADD ROOM + CHECKOUT” button to complete.
- The final page will ask for all of your information to finalize. A credit card is required to reserve your room, but it is not charged until arrival.
- If you have difficulty booking online, call the hotel's reservation office at (800) 966-6490.
To ensure you get the lowest rates, please make your reservations prior to Sunday, May 7, 2023.
Self-parking for hotel guests is complimentary.
If you would like more information about this training event, please contact Orrin Banta at email@example.com or (530) 353-3249.
PSI's Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy Training: Advanced training for psychotherapists is available the day after this Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care training event. The registration fee is $250. If you want to register for the event in addition to the Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care event, click on the "Register For Another Event" button on the registration summary page.